Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Classic Mistake

Dear Bob Parsons, I'm horrified and disappointed to learn that my 5+ years of being a customer has supported your selfish sport of big game hunting. I've just initiated transfer of my 13 domain names from GoDaddy. You can bet that I won't be back and I will do my best to make sure none of my partners, associates, friends and followers don't ever buy from GoDaddy again.

Classic, unfortunate, mistake. Here for the last year I’ve been trying to support only things that I think are kind to man, animal, and environment. Did I ever dream my domain registrar would be out shooting elephants and jaguars? The same registrar I've supported for nearly 7 years? No. Never, ever occurred to me.

So I initiated transfer of my 13 domain names last night, for a small sum of course. But before I did, I realized I better check out my host and new registrar.

Does your CEO or board of directors participate in big game hunting or similar sport?

No, but we do support NASCAR and boxing.

Hah! Okay, not environment but willing to put up with it for now. But when I find I can’t do a bulk transfer I decide to look around – have you ever seen the paperwork required for just one domain name? times 13? Ugh.

I’m open to hearing the wrongness of my choice, but upon looking at Network Solutions – the original registrar that charges extreme amounts – they have good philanthropic values. I didn’t investigate as much as I should have, because as I believe – we vote with our dollars.

So lesson learned, again. Research and decide for yourself. Spend good.

No comments:

Post a Comment