Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Year - New Focus

It’s time I write again – and more often. I’m shifting my focus a bit though, as a result of this blog I might add. My intention when I started blogging was to look at all aspects of consumerism and to learn and try to avoid what was not right for man, animal or environment, and I still want to continue my journey into all three. But my life is focused on veganism right now.

I feel no less compassion for a suffering human friend than an animal friend. I do feel called to serve all, I want to help ease the suffering of all, but I think right now it’s easier for me to focus on helping animals.

It seems like an overwhelming task- there are so many atrocities in so many different arenas – but I’ll start where I can - by not eating or using animal products. It’s a simple way to start and anyone can do it! I had been teetering on and off the vegan diet for months, but after last months lesson at Vegetarians of Washington and learning about all the health risks of dairy I didn’t know before, well I’m off dairy for good. If you want details – ask me! It might change you forever too.

I’m really loving the vegan diet though. The last few months I have been cooking (and eating) more than ever, and it’s good food, heck – great food! I’m refocusing my consulting business into that of personal veg coach and it’s looking good! I’m also organizing a fundraiser/concert for various animal rights groups – more details to come later.

So to end a short post, the blog will be shifting a bit in the upcoming months as I refocus myself and energy. I’m looking forward to the journey, I hope you do too. Anyone want some chickens? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment